Well, for want of a better title I chose this !
Gajabhuja in Sanskrit means the trunk of an elephant !
So, in short, the title means big/huge fundas !! :-)
30 August 2004
give me more
well give me more is all i can say after a weekend @ madras.strangely the more i have lived away from it the more i long for it !! checked out some finance options for my two wheeler.ok folks i have made up my mind to get a CBZ*. somehow i cant just get enough of that stylish bike !
it costs me a cool 60+K :-(
did not go to any movies this time but im getting a pc for my house in madras.so now on shall complete my quota of movie whenever i go home :-)
a cool config for a throwaway price.thanks to my sis who's with HCL.oh ya she is a a hotshot there.so can manage to pull up the strings !
well what else ? amidst totally random thoughts swirling around me i quit now to be back for more
well well im now thinking of getting myself a more easier means of transport.means im evaluvating a bike.cbz is the current forerunner unless of course i get something really intresting which can make me change my mind.
on a more cribbing mode why do the ppl who travel by buses close the windows ? makes the aire erally stifling inside the bus.to top it all someone has a bad breakfast or a bad stomach and gives vent to his gaseous inside the bus ! yuck.sometimes i really feel like jumping right out of the bus :-(
then my friend is still unconscious :-( .hope he recovers quickly.things were just going gud for him !
im off to madras again for this weekend.just to chill out.
had a good weekend.well im posting this when the next weekend is almost there is no excuse :-(
ok was in madras for the weekend.ya the temperatures seem to be on the higher side but then who cares
i treated myself to a titan edge.my first watch im buying myself !
titan has this cool offer.exchange any brand watch any condition and get a new titan watch.
and finally i saw the sunrise on the marina beach in madras.its a pity that i have lived there for around 20yrs and not seen the sunrise there ! i have seen it along kanyakumari and other places but not there !! hence saw it this time around.
i have narrowed down my choice of a two wheeler to CBZ.im just waiting for the release of the unicorn.coz they are promising 60kmpl along with style ! CBZ canmax give me 40.so by early next month i should have a bike.let me see how things go !
picture this :
a normal monday morning when u r full of energy and enthu raring to do something intresting and useful during the week.
u r in bangalore also hyped out as the IT capital, india's best city to live in and other bullshit.
you start for office at 10.00am thinking that everyone would have been in office and u could just waltz thru the traffic.
and then it happens "boom". the newspaper which everyone browses also called 16ply toilet paper aka times of india does not carry a mention of the impending danger.only indian express does and i am not aware whether any radio channels covered it.
at sharp 10.00am at the city's only arterial road that connects one end of the city with another a procession starts.
now what was the procession about ? apparently kannada movie is sinking and the starts are taking out a procession demanding that the concessions given to other movies should be withdrawn and they should be released late etc etc.
The consequesnce ? A traffic jam for atleast 4 km on either side.Traffic comes to a standstill for around 5 hours.Think of the amount of fuel lost.
now here are a few questions to the movie stars and those moronic idiots who took out the procession :
1. Not all stars attended the meeting.Why ? There is sharp difference between the film chamber of commerce and the rest of the stars.now when ur house is itself not in order how can you expect the rest to be set right ?
2. kannada movies are to put it simply trash.No i watch quite a few of them.Here's my question.There are no good theaters in bangalore.So when the movie is pathetic and the movie going experience is also the same who would come to the theater and watch it ?
3. Who is going to benefit from the so called delaying of other language movies ? Do they expect that the ppl who watch those other language movies will come to theater and watch kannada movies ? What nonsense are they talking about ?
4. Bangalore is supposed to be the capital city of karnataka.It should set an example for watching good kannada movies.Close to half the population of bangalore know kannada.Still what language do they talk to their kids in ? English.What language do they use among themselves ? English.When the ppl are themselves not ready to use the language in the capital city itself how will it percolate down to other cities ?
5. And finally a question to the law makers.Every procession that is held in a city has to get permission.Why did they allow permission for such a rally on a working day and that too @ peak hour and that too in an arterial road ?
Something is really wrong somewhere.Its just a question of time
life's hectic these days leaving precious little time to do what others call research.then i will be in landmark quiz this sunday in madras ( where else ? ).time to meet the old friends and get to know some new questions !
a career fair is happening here in my company.those who missed out can send ur resumes to me.i shall try to help u out to the best of my abilities !
well well i always keep thinking that someday i shall write a big blog about anything and everything but yet have not got myself to do it ! shall do it someday.
then i am finally back in full swing to my full time job and sandwiching my thesis work in parallel.there's also a one hour each direction travel thrown in.
somehow i am not yet convinced that i should get myself a bike.i dont want to reduce the probability of me getting back home alive !
anyway gotta go now.things are really trying to get out of hand !!
"The true tragedy of a routinely spent life is that its wastefulness
does not become apparent till it is too late." Amitava Ghosh in his book
"Hungry Tide". Code monkey, marathon runner, bicyclist, motor biker & general crazy-ass guy