31 March 2008

Jet Airways

Even if you have to pay that tab bit extra, Jet Airways rocks and rocks big time. They have introduced e-check in, where you can check-in through the electronic kiosks. I know. I know. The cynical misfits among you would cry hoarse that it exists in many places in the world. Heck, even I have used it in many places in the world. But, come on, it is a start and needs to be appreciated.

But, what takes the cake is that their in-flight entertainment system uses Linux ;-). That _is_ something. When the system starts up, you are greeted with the familiar sight of the Penguin and the scrolling of boot up messages.

Tags: ,

Posted by Unknown at 9:15 AM

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at Monday, March 31, 2008 at 7:26:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    is this domestic Jet or International? I am asking because some of my friends here in the US told me about Jet Int. only the aaha-ohos.. I am really intrigued.
  2. Blogger Nirenjan Krishnan posted at Monday, March 31, 2008 at 10:12:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    I was wondering when somebody would notice the Linux boot screen... usually, passengers don't see the penguin at all... it turned out that while I was playing one of the games, they had an announcement, and once the announcement was over, the game froze, and took the system with it... reboot screen showed the beautiful penguin...
  3. Blogger Ravi posted at Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 1:22:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    Domestic airlines in US suck. Even flying Air Deccan in India is preferable to flying economy on any airline here. Delta is the worst.

    Enjoy India !
  4. Blogger Unknown posted at Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 9:28:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    music: Jet domestic. As for Jet International, a friend of mine took and it and even he has lots of aah's and ooh's

    Nirenjan: The joy of seeing tux high above the ground !

    Ravi: Totally ! Delta sucks big time and real big time !! I somehow think my vote for the worst goes to American Airlines. 3 hour flight and buggers did not even give water.

    K.Shyam

Post a Comment

« Home