11 November 2006

Kubuntu 6.10 - The Experience

What to say about this distro which is catching everyone's attention (including yours truly) ?
A painless installation process (I did a complete nuke of my existing Suse 10.0), pleasing eye-candy. And something that is more important. An ultimate package updation process that brings you up-to-date with ease. Now that is what i expect from a linux distro. The ability to update. Suse 10.0 to be honest never even allowed me to upgrade comfortably to Suse 10.1. I always used to get some error or other.
And finally and most importantly, the acpi lockup which Suse 10.1 was causing to my poor laptop seems to have disappeared in Kubuntu 6.10. Now, here i come KDE4 ;-)
K.Shyam
PS: Seriously speaking, in case you are planning to install linux, please don't look at anything beyond Ubuntu/Kubuntu.
Tags: , ,

Posted by Unknown at 2:00 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home