27 March 2007

Illayaraja & Weekends !

As I said before, YouTube is simply magnificent. A search for "Ilayaraja" gave me these gems !

Made my weekend.



This has some amazing orchestration, especially before the first paragraph. Is the heroine Poornima (Bhagrayaj's wife) ? Comments please.



Need we even talk about the preludes and interludes for this song ? An all time classic. As song goes "Yendan degam maraindhalum isaiyai malarven" and "Yendhan moochum indha paatum anaiya vilakae", you will always be immortal "Raja". For ever and ever.



I have already written about this song.

Enjoy !

K.Shyam

Tags: ,

Posted by Unknown at 2:18 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger rrcguy posted at Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 6:45:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    Yes it is Purnima. That song is good for SPB's expressions too, esp the 2nd stanza. Hearing it for the first time??
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 8:24:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    al: No. I know the song by rote. I am seeing the video for the first time !

Post a Comment

« Home