13 March 2007

Nikon D40 DSLR

And so i have treated myself to a DSLR. Nikon D40 it is.

DSC_0029

The D40 comes with a stock 18-55 lens. (The above picture was taken with a 18-200 lens).

However, the real "treat" part is when i treat myself to a 18-200 lens (which is currently quite rare and expensive to get !).

DSC_0028

The above shot was taken with the stock 18-55 lens.


And here are some sample pictures taken with the 18-55 lens. I am yet to figure out the controls completely. But, yes, the camera rocks !

DSC_0007

CSC_0011

I was unable to get some real "dangerous close up" (Where you thrust your lens as close as possible to the object) shots. It could also be due to the fact that I did not find out the right setting. I should try that too, and would be doing it over the next few days.

Denizens of Monterrey, Mexico, beware. You now have a shutterbug on the prowl ;-)

K.Shyam

PS: I had initially planned to get the D80, but then the cost overrun was just too much to handle ! After all, at some point of time, i need to balance my wallet too ;-)

PPS: No, i did not use photoshop/gimp on them. I have absolutely no idea about image conversion tools anyway !

Tags: ,

Posted by Unknown at 7:33 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Krishna posted at Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 9:22:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    Shyam,
    Welcome to the Nikon World. D-40 is a super all around carry-on camera and you got the big dawg lens as well. Rock on. Regarding getting close-ups, you will not get great closeups with the lens you have and would need a dedicated macro lens or atleast a closeup lens/filter. Now that you have a 18-200,Planning to sell the 18-55 lens and patch the hole in your wallet a little?

    Krishna
    http://nizhal-padam.blogspot.com/
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Wednesday, March 14, 2007 at 12:24:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    Krishna:
    Thanks ! Yes, I need to get the polarizing and closeup filters. Will do that shortly.
    And yes, i am planning to sell the 18-55 to patch up the hole a little bit ;-) Interested ? I will take a bit off the MRP !

    K.Shyam
  3. Blogger Krishna posted at Wednesday, March 14, 2007 at 3:21:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    No Dude. I am looking to sell my 18-55 and my 55-200. Planning to buy a 12-24 and 90mm macro instead. That would complete my kit..ofcourse will be buying the D200 body very soon. Currently shoot with a D50.

Post a Comment

« Home