Living far away from home when the Cricket World Cup is on is a painful thing. During the last world cup, I was in San Diego and hence, I was able to watch Sachin and Sehwag maul the Pakistanis. This time on, I am in Mexico where crickets are insects that are consumed down south.
So, after some spending some quality time with Dr.Google, I have listed a few sites where you can see the World Cup Cricket matches online. Please note that most of these sites may require at-least 512kbps connection and hence, may not be viewable in India. But for people in Mexico and US, this may help. Also, I cannot vouch for the quality of the broadcasts from these websites.
So here they are:
1. www.willow.tv. Very very expensive at some 200USD subscription charges !!
2. www.liveonnet.org. 100USD is the subscription charge.
3. indianmovies.tamilar.org. Seems to be free site, but i do not know the legalities involved in this.
4. www.spectralmedia.net. This site is currently down and hence, no information available about it for now.
5. onlinetv.apnaitv.com. 50 USD is the subscription charge.
6. BBC provides a ball-ball audio commentary. Currently, it says that this is available only for residents of UK.
7. There is always Cricinfo which provides text commentary.
8. If someone in US has a dish subscription, then you can ask that person to get a Sling Box which will internet enable that television, and thereby you can watch the broadcast ! This is my original idea and in case you implement it, please consider paying me some royalty. Or at-least, let me know the Internet address of the box, so that I can watch it too !
Here are some more links. They were posted as comments and i moved them up here, so that RSS feed readers (If there are any ;-)) will also get to know of them !
9. www.wifitv.com (link courtesy joseph)
10. www.neosports.in (link courtesy Jump)
Tags: Cricket World Cup, ICC Cricket
Posted by Shyam Krishnaswamy at 12:24 AM