05 March 2007

LA Marathon

DSC00876

DSC00877

DSC00878

5 down, 95 more to go ;-). The flag of chennai runners was hoisted in LA. The timing was slightly bad. 5.30. Could have been better, but what the heck. An unprecedented ligament pull in the back of the left knee has left me immobile. But, the feel of the finishers medal far outweighs the pain.

Thanks go out to the residents of LA, who stood all along the course handing out ice cubes, and the Japaneses business association of South California, who were massaging the weary legs of the participants. You were great guys and i dont think i could have completed without your support.

A big sense of gratitude goes out to the "King" Illayaraja, whose wonderful songs that were playing in my player helped me in no mean terms.

A big thank you to my friend from IISc days, Rajkumar and his roommate, who hosted me here in LA.

Thanks go out to Sandisk and Apple in particular. Ipod is no mean invention ! All along i never thought that ipod will help in such a manner. Of course, i do not own an ipod, but my player, Sandisk Sansa E280 is a shameless rip-off from ipod ;-)
And yes, i _need_ to loose some more weight and follow a training regimen if i ever plan to cut down on that finishing time. Yes, it will happen in due course.

And finally, the weather in LA sucks and sucks big time. I have never finished a marathon in a dry T-Shirt. The humidity was pathetic. So dry it was that if you wet you shirt in a mile point, by the time you reach the next mile point it would dry out. I would have consumed atleast 6 or 7 litres of gatorade and water. In case you are planning to run in LA sometime, please note the humidity factor !

K.Shyam
Tags:

Posted by Unknown at 7:42 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Arun Ramarathnam posted at Tuesday, March 6, 2007 at 12:30:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    Hey Shyam,

    Congrats dude.

    We are following you from the other end of the world!!! Thats one more marathon off your checklist. Expect a more detailed blog post on run when you get a chance.

    Cheers
    Arun
  2. Blogger I am what I am ... posted at Tuesday, March 6, 2007 at 10:34:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    hi shyam,
    that's cool! btw, will u be in the bay area sometime. I live here...so email me if u r gonna be here. we can sync up.
    Padmaksh
  3. Blogger Unknown posted at Wednesday, March 7, 2007 at 3:07:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    Arun;
    Danks ba. Yep, a write up will come up. Sometime tomorrow maybe

    Padmakshan: I am back in mexico now. Will mail you if i make a visit there sometime.

    K.Shyam

Post a Comment

« Home