08 May 2007

Travel Bug

Travel, as you can imagine, is always an exciting activity. It makes you do the unthinkable, bends you, moulds you, and most importantly, at then end of that travel,makes you think - did I do this ?

So, you can pretty well imagine how exciting traveling on a budget can be.

A group of guys have ganged up and started This. The idea ? Simple. Given a specific sum of money, what is the farthest point that can you travel ?

If you are of the kind who thinks that you want to "visit" places, you will think that this is an absurd idea. But, if you are of the "travel" kind, you would immediately jump at this idea, sign up and try it out.

K.Shyam

PS: On a more interesting aside, trust me when I say this, you cannot travel across India in your lifetime.

Tags: , ,

Posted by Unknown at 1:41 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Balaji Chitra Ganesan posted at Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 10:52:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    >> you cannot travel across India in your lifetime.

    how true and how sad! I spent 22 years in India and 'visited' places in 5 states. In the past 3 years that I have spent in the US, I have 'traveled' in 12 states. Guess the low cost airlines will now allow people to travel far in short vacations.
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 11:46:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    Balaji:
    I did not mean it that way. I meant that there is lots to see in India that you cannot see it in your lifetime.
    Have you tried hitchhiking in
    trucks, cars, and even boats in India ? Try it to be pleasantly surprised ! Trust me, I have done it.

    FYI, the low cost airlines are not really low cost (taxes is around 1k). You are better off in spending a few more days on travel coz you are always bound to meet some interesting people on the way.

    K.Shyam
  3. Blogger Balaji Chitra Ganesan posted at Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 10:26:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    yeah, I got that point. I only lamented that there is so much to see but I haven't even seen a fraction of them.

    I once traveled (alone!) thru public transport across much of interior Maharashtra. Ajanta, Ellora etc. My best days ever!

    I really like your travelogues though I consider motor-biking trips to be far too dangerous to attempt!

Post a Comment

« Home