02 April 2008

Motorola E6 Alarm Clock Bug

If you are using the Motorola E6 as I am, by now, you would have found out that the Alarm clock has a mind of its own. It will work only when it wants to.

Well, after spending sometime fiddling with it, I have narrowed down a way to make sure that it works fairly consistently. It is quite simple. First set the time that you want the alarm to work, and enable it. Save it. Then, once you do it, disable and enable the alarm clock. Save it again.

Simple. It works consistently if you follow this approach.

I think the bug is simply because the monkey that coded the alarm clock forgot that this program should actually be a real time deamon, and not a statically activated one. Anyway, I shall try to see if I can get sometime to write a new one. After all, as long as it runs Linux, anything is possible on it.

Tags: ,

Posted by Unknown at 11:39 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger suku posted at Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 3:19:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    After using a motorola phone for 6 months, I know onething! Nokia rules, ofcourse with a reaon!
    I don't know (and am not interested to know) which OS my motorola phone uses, but I know it sucks!
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 9:32:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    Sukku: I prefer Motorola to Nokia anyday. I have always felt that Nokia's mid range to low range phones suck in terms of polish and quality. I am, of course, not talking about the kind of quality where if you hit someone with a Nokia phone, they are rendered unconscious ;-)

    If you spend 9k on a Motorola phone, the kind of polish, finish you get in it is much better than spending 9k on a Nokia phone. The Nokia phone does best what it should do -- look cheap and cost the same.

    On a value for money scale, Motorola wins hands down !

    K.Shyam

Post a Comment

« Home