02 December 2008

State Bank of India - Loan to purchase a computer



And so when the rains were lashing around the city and power was shutdown as a precautionary measure, I got down my childhood comic book collection and leafed through them. Imagine my surprise when I saw this advertisement from State Bank of India offering loans to purchase a computer. This advertisement was published in 1989. The basic crietria has not changed much from 1989 to the present days. Just that in 1989, you need to have a minimum of 2000 rupees as your monthly income. Adjusting to inflation, I guess that would work out to 20,000 rupees in the present day !

I was quite impressed with a line in the advertisement "The world is moving towards a computerized age....".

Shyam

Posted by Unknown at 9:36 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Rajesh Krishna Sadanand posted at Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 4:21:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    :-)
  2. Blogger The Talkative Man posted at Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 1:56:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    nice..but I am more interested in the other side - which magazine is it? :)
  3. Blogger Unknown posted at Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 10:40:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    Indrajal comics. I think it was some Phantom's book.

Post a Comment

« Home