16 August 2007

A Decade

I can still visualize that scene as if it was happening right now in front of my eyes. At this very moment ten years ago (8.00PM, 16th August 1997), I left my house in Madras for my higher education. While I did have a chance to get back to Madras for my job three years later, I choose not to and opted for a job outside, more out of an interest to see the world around and not to be the proverbial frog in the well.

"A ship is safe in its harbor, but does not serve the purpose for which it is created for". So said one of my professors. That is indeed true. In these ten years, this ship has seen many a places both within and outside India, weathered many a storm and yet, has come out of it all stronger both within and in the exterior.

"Those sweet memories will always be dear to me" So sung Michael Jackson in his song "Dangerous" from the album of the same name. Yes, the memories of my hostel life in NIT-Trichy and some more in this big bad world will always be dear to me. As I said earlier, compared to that life, my hostel life in IISc sucked big time !

The time has come now for the ship to get back to the harbor. And yes, the journey to get back to the harbor has already begun ;-) I will not hide the fact that with each passing day, the calling of my motherland just gets more stronger than ever.

K.Shyam

Posted by Unknown at 9:12 PM

7 Comments

  1. Blogger The Talkative Man posted at Friday, August 17, 2007 at 6:18:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    that home-call is just a "temparavari" phase right? :)
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Friday, August 17, 2007 at 10:25:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    TTM: Unfortunately(for residents of motherland) and fortunately(for residents outside it), it is not tempravari ;-)
    K.Shyam
  3. Blogger Govind S posted at Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 12:19:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    I think u can do better. join the likes of T R Baalu, Vaiko and co and demand for Tamil independence. Talk about small minds at work how much smaller can it get?.
    And please dont disgrace IISc and REC trichy by mentioning them with all this shit.
  4. Blogger Unknown posted at Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 12:49:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    Hey Akku MF;
    Look who is talking about small minds !
    When you were not even able to comprehend what I had written, what is the purpose in trying to explain it to you !!

    K.Shyam
  5. Blogger Govind S posted at Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 3:48:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    wht do u call when someone who keeps calling motherland as his state.
    The last I checked you were in India for the last 9-odd years and to any Indian India qualifies as his motherland not Kerala or Karnataka etc..
    you talk abt comprehension - you have no idea wht u write.
  6. Blogger Unknown posted at Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 9:42:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    Akku MF;

    Yen veedu thaai tamizh naadu;
    Yen naamam Indian.

    which translates to:

    My house is mother Tamilnadu (which is where the motherland comes from);
    My name is Indian.

    So, cork up.

    I have been in India ever since I was born. That is my country. But, my motherland will always be TamilNadu. So, cork up once again.

    K.Shyam
  7. Blogger Govind S posted at Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 11:26:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    My house is mother Tamilnadu (which is where the motherland comes from);

    Whose verses are these- I guess ur quoting Vairmuthu. He is not some authentic source.
    Is he the person who promotes the unquestionable truth.
    And secondly you are doing a google-translator kind of stuff. Every word u translated from Tamil into English. That wouldnt make sense esp given the huge difference btw the 2 languages. You had quoted the same stuff and got flamed by everyone abt a year back in this same blog.

    My name is Indian.

    Wht a load of Bulls. You have changed your name is it. It would make sense in Tamil but when you do an english translation it just makes you sound like a moron.

    I have been in India ever since I was born. That is my country. But, my motherland will always be TamilNadu.

    Another piece of shit. I can as well view it like you are born in India accidently but TN comes first.

    I dont have either the time or the patience to discuss the kind of nonesense you are writing.
    Iam out of this.

Post a Comment

« Home