19 November 2007

Prediction

I think it is time I make a record of this.

The 700 Mhz Spectrum auction in the United States of America is slated for 24th January 2008.

So, why am I even remotely bothered about it ?

For one, google has thrown its hat into the ring. More importantly, it was forced to do so. How ? It wrote a letter to FCC asking for the spectrum to be made open, in a sense with out the draconian carrier controls that exist under usual circumstances, and the FCC responded back saying if the minimum reserve price is not met, it would auction it off in the usual way. Read more of that here.

Now, my take on this is quite simple. Google will win this auction. Not only will it win this auction, since telecommunication has the potential to revolutionize the economy (Think India and China), I have this feeling that something big is going to happen.

K.Shyam

Tags: ,

Posted by Unknown at 7:43 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home