12 November 2007

Android

As I read the announcement of Android, Google's SDK, the first thing that strikes me is that they have taken a step in the right direction. The SDK is truly cross platform, meaning, it supports Windoze, Mac and Linux.

IMHO, this is very important if you want to capture the entire spectrum of developers and hackers, most of whom are fanatically towards Mac or *ix.

So, here is one of my ideas for Android, though I am sure with the current work load that I have, I would not be able to compete.

How about an integrated video/audio IM application ? Or, how about an application which, if you take a picture, posts it directly to Facebook, Myspace, or wherever you feel like ? How about an application that directly uploads the videos you take to youtube ? The last one is particularly interesting since a video taken using a mobile phone would not be of very high quality and hence, the size of upload and poor connections would not be an issue !

Any takers ? Of course, I can help with a little bit of code here and there too !

Given the fact that google has ruthlessly dominated whatever it had set its sights on, the time is ripe for a sub 50$ smartphone, given that handset makers need not pay any royalties.

K.Shyam

Tags:

Posted by Unknown at 11:24 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home