12 August 2008

Another one

And so I was browsing across my music collection when I came across this song. A careful listening unearthed a few things about this song:

Illayaraja does not use the violin that he always uses. He creates magic with amazing humming patterns, which are nicely overlaid on top of each other and yes, guitar, both rhythm and bass.

His usual muse, S.Janaki, does not let him down by blending her voice nicely into the tune. Check out when she says "Naan undu" towards the end of the second paragraph. Needless to say, any other male voice would have elevated this song to iconic status, but Illayaraja's voice is just enough for the mix.

Try as much as I could, I was unable to lay my hands on the video of this song and hence, created one myself.

Needless to say, this was probably one of those gems which went unnoticed. This was from the movie Kazhugu and the song is "Pon Oviyam".



Shyam

Tags: ,

Posted by Unknown at 12:59 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home