30 September 2004

that fascination !

Lord McCauley in his speech of Feb 2,1835,British Parliament

"I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such caliber,that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem,their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation".

well well our fascination for anything foreign still continues.i was stopped today morning in front of my office building because i did not flash my id card like all other morons do but a foreigner working in a different office in the same bulding was allowed to go. that was enough for me to raise a hue and cry and i dman made sure they apologised to me !
a day well begun !
K.Shyam

Posted by Unknown at 10:23 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home