18 December 2006

Latest Addition



That is the latest addition to my personal library. Would come in handy during my travels. Somehow, i have never been sucessful in holding back my wallet whenever i go to a book exhibition. There were of course, many other books which screamed "Buy Me, Buy Me" to me, but then had to hold back as i can't afford to max out my credit card ;-). One of them was this.



I did finish his earlier book "Red Earth and Pouring Rain" and found it pretty interesting and it was indeed well written. Time to catch hold of this one too !

K.Shyam
Tags: Shantaram, Sacred Games, Gregory David Roberts, Vikram Chandra

Posted by Unknown at 1:33 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger gitu posted at Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 12:55:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    Shantharam from david gregory roberts is worth the penny....a literary masterpiece indeed...but my case was different..there was no need for me to swipe my credit card...i got it from a platform vendor for 100 bucks..mind u it was only after aggresive barganing..
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Wednesday, December 20, 2006 at 10:26:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    gitu : which platform ? don't tell me the e-books and stuff. i tried in some of them and they were reluctant to give it for anything lesser than 150. i thought better to pay 400 and get decent stuff than 150 for kerosene laced papers.
    K.Shyam
  3. Blogger gitu posted at Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 6:07:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    nothing of e-books sort..i got it from the one @ CMH road,indra nagar.....may be u didn't bargain tht hard..400 is fine..when i planned to buy. the orginal version was around 500+ and have u done with reading the book....

Post a Comment

« Home