12 August 2008

Mplayer - Play avi/divx files on windows

So, as I was helping out someone play avi files on windows, they wanted an easy to use player with a neat installer. As always, since Mplayer remains my first choice for a media player, I suggested that to them. They wanted something more automated, which would not have them do things like copying codecs and all that jazz.

After poking around in google, I stumbled upon a neat version of Mplayer for Windows here. Download the full version and you have a player that can play anything that is thrown at it.

Anything else, including Windows Media Player, is a waste of time.

Shyam

Tags: , , ,

Posted by Unknown at 7:06 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Nirenjan Krishnan posted at Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 8:35:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    I prefer VLC Media Player myself...
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 2:02:00 AM GMT+5:30  
    one of the reasons I prefer mplayer over vlc is that vlc absolutely sucks when it comes to playing corrupted/scratched dvd's; something that we encounter most of the time !
    Shyam

Post a Comment

« Home