Da Vinci code banning in TN - Comedy
As i read today's article in Hindu, all that i did was to snigger at the immaturity with which the TN government was acting. Here is why:
1. Da vinci code has not been dubbed into tamil, which is generally the case with most hollywood movies.
2. This leaves with something like only english knowing audience for this movie.
3. That means we can safely exclude a majority of the retired english speaking folks who will not be watching this movie. (Namammkum ooru christian movie kum yennada ambi sambandham is what the easy chair sitting, filter coffee drinking, hindu paper reading, maamas will ask you. Then again they dont watch any movies for that matter !)
4. Hence only the college going crowd will be watching this movie in large numbers.
5. Chances are that by now they would have already downloaded and watched the movie (TN is second in broadband penetration if you did not know!), or got it from burma bazzar and seen it.
6. TN government ends up with nothing but egg on their faces and fostering piracy big time !
This is nothing but a silly political move which does not serve any purpose. Sorry old hag MK, you loose and loose big time :-)
Since i will not post links from where you can download the movie here in this blog, mail me if you really want to know :-)
Posted by Shyam Krishnaswamy at 8:14 AM