28 July 2006

General Ishtuff - 2

A Collection of random stuff that i have observed the past few days

1. Most of the ISP's have some problem with their DNS servers as you cannot access any blogspot.com sites by names, but only by IP's. Heck, that makes difficult viewing

2. Fedora Core 5 sucks and sucks big time. What is the use of a package manager which needs some extra manipulation to install packages from cd ? It did have X.org R7 which i wanted to try out but then what the blazes ? I tried a minimalistic installation and now i am unable to upgrade.

3. I think the Tsunami of 2004 has caused some real climatic disturbances in south india. It is raining in motherland in July. I mean Rains in madras in July ? That _is_ something

4. I observed this incident when i was coming back by train from madras. A man approached a passenger in the train and told him that he was originally from bangalore and when he reached madras in the afternoon, he lost his wife ! (As S.Ve.Shekar said in one of his plays "Exhibitions and other crowded places are where you loose things that you want to loose ;-)"). So he asked him some money to get an open ticket to go back to bangalore. What beats me was that the passenger gave him money !! I can understand the willingness of the passenger to help, but giving money just like that ? And what happened was that the passenger after giving money got frustrated and started shouting at these kind of tricksters ! No not good. Perhaps a little more effort to get an open ticket for the guy who lost his wife might help !!
K.Shyam

Posted by Unknown at 11:12 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Anand posted at Friday, July 28, 2006 at 1:56:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    Yeah! It took my three days to make my ISP admit that it was a problem at their end.
    Also, I am not sure if a tsunami has any climate change effects!! That is, if you did not mean statement 3 to be a joke!
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Monday, July 31, 2006 at 11:09:00 PM GMT+5:30  
    hey anand;
    no man. it was not a joke. have we seen rains in madras in july ? atleast if my memory serves me right, we have not !
    K.Shyam

Post a Comment

« Home